Accessibility statement for ststephenparishcouncil.gov.uk
This website is run by St Stephen Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels, line and fonts
- zoom in up to 500% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech-recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- understand the information provided on the website
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- the search icon can be difficult to see if you have a visual impairment
- the text in the footer can be difficult to see if you have a visual impairment
- some text boxes will not ‘reflow’ when you zoom in beyond 400%, meaning you have to scroll side-to-side to see them
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- some older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- some externally supplied PDFs may not be fully accessible
- some of the menus are not accessible on mobile devices
- uploaded images may not have text alternative
If you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format, like large print, easy read, audio recording, braille or accessible PDF, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 10 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are aware that the current website is not meeting accessibility requirements and we are in the process of developing a new website which will meet requirements. We hope to launch this in the autumn 2020. If you would like to discuss specific accessibility requirements please email email@example.com
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contact St Stephen Parish Council
St Stephen Parish Council
The Parish Centre
Tel: 01923 681443
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
St Stephen Parish Council is committed to making the ststephenparishcouncil.gov.uk website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non compliances listed above under How accessible is this website. We plan to fix these issues by December 2020.
How we tested this website
- Self evaluation
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
The council is moving to a new website shortly where all templates will be checked using a variety of automated and manual tests. This includes testing with users who have physical and cognitive impairments.
We’ll reaudit ststephenparishcouncil.gov.uk in 2021 and reaudit every year.
This statement was prepared on 22 September 2020.